Closing your account
We are sorry to hear that you want to close your Amazon Payments merchant account.
Are you sure about this? There are no ongoing fees to keep your account open therefore we’d suggest that you do not close your account if you consider using Amazon Pay again at a later date.
If you have any ongoing issues with a transaction, a chargeback, or an Amazon Pay A-to-z guarantee claim, please contact Merchant Support first so that Amazon Pay can help you.
Why not delete my account? These are the key benefits of Amazon Pay:
- Inspire confidence – With Amazon Pay you offer the hundreds of millions of Amazon customers globally a fast and familiar payment processing solution
- Eliminate checkout barriers – Your customers can make payments using the information stored in their Amazon account and avoid having to create a new account or enter credit card information
- Offer voice shopping – Get ahead of the next shopping frontier and engage customers via voice with Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills
We’d regret losing you as one of our merchants.
How to close your account
If you still want to close your account, here’s how to proceed:
- Sign in to your Amazon Payments merchant account in Seller Central
- Click Help, and then click Contact Us
- Click Amazon Pay, and then click All other issues
- Add a short notice that you wish to close your Amazon Payments merchant account, and then click Send
- Merchant support will close your account