Cancelling payments or orders
After a payment has been initiated, Amazon Pay cannot cancel it. If necessary, the merchant or business that you submitted the payment to can issue a refund to you.
If you contact a merchant directly about cancelling an order, please take note of the following:
- Merchants might be able to make changes to an order if they have not yet shipped it, but some merchants begin processing orders almost as soon as they are placed. If you want to change or cancel your order, contact the merchant directly. If they have already processed a charge for the order, merchants can initiate refunds.
- Amazon Pay cannot cancel or change an order on your behalf and cannot refund you for purchases. If you email us for these reasons, we will ask you to contact the merchant, by which time they might have already shipped the item to you.
Contact a merchant about an order
- Click Sign in on top of this page and then click Check your Amazon Pay orders.
- Sign in using your Amazon credentials.
- On the Amazon Pay Activity page, find the corresponding order or transaction, and then click Details & Support.
- To send the merchant an email with your description of the problem that occurred, click their email address under Business details.
You can help resolve your problem quickly by providing the following information in your email:
- Order details, including the merchant’s and the Amazon Pay order reference and a list of the items your purchased
- The cost of each item in the order
- Shipment details
- A detailed description of the problem with your order
- Your preferred resolution for the problem