Issuing a refund
During the ordinary course of business, you might find that you need to issue refunds to customers. Amazon Pay allows you to issue refunds either by using the Refund API after you have made a Capture on a successful Authorization, or by using the Manage Transactions page in Seller Central.
Every time a successful refund takes place, Amazon sends the customer a confirmation email with details about the refund.
You can issue full or partial refunds of a previous charge. A full refund includes all customer costs that are associated with the purchase. Partial refunds can be any amount between zero and the maximum defined by the service. The maximum amount that you can refund to a buyer is 15% more than the previously charged amount, or a maximum of 75 GBP more than the previously charged amount, whichever is smaller. Also note that the maximum number of refunds allowed for a given charge is 10.
Note: You should only refund the buyer if you’ve received the returned good, or if the order was captured but you haven’t shipped it yet. For digital goods, before refunding, make sure the digital good has not been used and can’t be used anymore by the customer.
Issuing a refund by using the Refund API
For instructions on issuing a refund by using the Refund API, see Manage refunds in the Amazon Pay integration guide.
Issuing a refund in Seller Central
To issue a refund from the Manage Transactions page in Seller Central:
- Sign in to your account in Seller Central.
- Click Orders, and then click Manage Transactions.
- On the Manage Transactions page, locate the transaction for which you want to issue a refund.
- In the Action column, choose Refund from the list of options (alternatively, you can click the Amazon Reference ID link for the applicable transaction; both actions will cause a Refund Payment dialog box to open, as described in Step 5).
- In the Refund Payment dialog box, enter the Refund amount, and enter text in the optional Notes field. Any text that you enter will appear in the refund email that is sent to the buyer.
- Click Review. A dialog box will open, asking you to confirm the refund.
- A final dialog box will open, confirming the refund. Click Submit.